Working smarter, greener and better.
The last three months have taught us a lot. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of all the Wagoneers, we were able to work totally remotely while still delivering the best possible work for our clients. Not only did each one of us adapt. What’s even more interesting is how our perception of the office and work in general changed too.
Throughout all the pandemic news, noise, regulations and grey areas, we carried out a team-wide survey to gauge everyone’s feelings and opinions. Here are some of our findings:
- For remote productivity, we rated 8.4 out of 10.
- 7.5 out of 10 like our home setup.
- 75% of us prefer to work remotely a few days a week.
These results prompted deeper thinking and encouraged us to explore different ways of building the new WGN. So for the next three months, we’re embarking on an experiment.
Starting 1st July we are allowed back into the office – but we are now remote first.
As of July 2020, working remotely is and always will be encouraged, while the office is safely available for Wagoneers whenever they need it. We’ve reconfigured our offices to fully cater for social distancing:
- Every workstation needs to be pre-booked
- Pre-bookings are for 4 hour slots, to enable sanitisation between shifts
- Not more than 20 hours each per week (5 slots), so that everyone can avail themselves of the office time they need
- 2 people at work per island to maintain social distancing
- Small meeting rooms for a maximum of 2 people
What’s more, our new working guidelines allow for 4 scenarios; Lockdown, Partial Lockdown, Transitional and Business as Usual. If we need to, we will invoke one of these scenarios and simply follow the respective guidelines and expectations.
So that’s our office. Being remote first, this is how we’re making WFH work for us. Plus, some of us have taken our office monitors and chairs home to be more comfortable, while making sure there are enough workstations covered at the WGN offices.
We’re excited to see what kind of results this experiment is going to generate, while enabling us to spend more quality time with our loved ones, less time commuting, and to enjoy the added privacy and flexibility of working from home – with our office always available for whenever we need to concentrate, meet each other and exchange ideas .
Please find a link to our new guidelines.